Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's already Fall? Where does the time go?

This 'school year' finds us with our youngest still at home of an age to be considered ninth grade should he decide to go to high school. Every year I toss him that option as one of his choices and just like all the years before, he turns me down. He is quite content to continue on as an unschooler. He has grown so much! Just think. His next birthday will mean taking his Driver's Test for his Learners Permit! I'm not worried about him learning to drive though as life on a farm has already taught him those skills. He's growing up and soon will be a full fledged man off to college. I'm so proud him and my girls, too. This year has seen my oldest daughter celebrating her first year of home ownership and my second daughter just now moving into her own first home. They are starting out their adult lives nicely. It's a good feeling to know they are doing well and have a decent start. So where have I been you ask? This summer, we went camping. We traveled to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina and Tennessee, Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky,
Cumberland Caverns in Tennessee,
then continued on to the National Whitewater Center near Charlotte, North Caroline.
We tent camped along the way and spent our days hiking, exploring,
spelunking,
ziplining, mountain biking, and kayaking.
It was awesome!!

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

So many fun adventures! If you need someone to travel with you next time...:o)

Is the whitewater center for whitewater canoeing? We saw that in the Olympics for the first time and I was intrigued. It looks like a sport my son could get into.

Peace and Laughter!

Vicki said...

The center is where the Olympians trained for whitewater kayaking. They have all levels available and can control the water flow. It's really cool! Go to http://usnwc.org/ for all the details of what they offer.

I wish we lived closer to a play like this.