Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flash

Easter is always such a wonderful time for the Lord's blessings.  A time to remember that He has given his all for us.  This year, he gifted me with a beautiful reminder that he loves me and wants me to have joy in this world.  I say this, as I have been through much stress on so many levels which sometimes feels all encompassing.  So let me just touch the highlights that happened this past Easter weekend. 



First, He reminded me of the wonderful blessing He gave me near nineteen years ago, on another Easter weekend, when my first born came into the world bright and early with the sun.  This year, I went outside at sunrise, and found that Marble, my horsey baby, hand raised by me since her mother died giving birth to her, had just delivered her first born.


Photobucket



Upon seeing this little one, my first thought was 'Flash'.  I can't tell you why, but so far, no one has come up with a better more suited name.  Marble looked hungry, so I went and fed everyone.  I was surprised when Madeye lead the baby up.  Marble was too hungry to worry and Madeye left Flash in my care while he, too, went off to eat. 





Photobucket



That's Marble in the background with the white strip down her withers. She ate her fill then came over and collected her baby.  I moved them both into a secluded pasture so momma and baby could get to know each other in peace.  =)



It's been twelve days, and today, Flash had her first outing away from momma.  As a general rule, we allow the babies to meet people and get accustomed to being touched.  So this morning, Flash received her first non-momma bath, then we took her to visit a friend who has been asking to see a newborn for quite sometime.  Today, we made that happen.  We took Flash over to visit Mary, a blind friend that had been raised with horses.  Larger, much larger horses then Flash, but the smile on Mary's face made me so happy that we made this trip.



 





Photobucket




Photobucket



After Flash's first outing, she was tired and took a nap on the way home.



 



Photobucket



Photobucket



Babies are precious.  Easter babies are God's way of reminding us he loves us and wants us to be happy. =)  Blessings to all.


3 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

She's so cute, Vicki! Bless her!
What a wonderful treat for Mary.

BTW, I laughed that you were babysitting while mom and Madeye ate. They've trained you well!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Paula Vince said...

What a gorgeous, darling little foal Flash is. Just makes me wish we could somehow reach through the computer for a cuddle.
You're right, babies do something to your heartstrings.

Blessings,
Paula

Amy Dingmann said...

Wow! What an adorable little Flash. And how awesome that you can share Flash with others in the way that you do. Easter is joyous enough in and of itself...but Id say you had an extra special one! Enjoy your baby...

Amy