Sunday, March 22, 2009

Behind my House

a young couple went fishing...and this is what happened from them parking their car on the side of the dirt road (according to the news)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the next day.......things where still burning....here's a few interesting yet things you wouldn't normally think about, fire doing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't currently know how many acres were burned and it appears that today the fire moved away from my home. This is just one of a few that are burning. I know that over 1000 acres had burned as of this morning on another fire close to us.

And one last picture to lighten the load and prove the point that nature will overcome...

Photobucket

2 comments:

flmom said...

Oh no! I recall last Mother's Day around here all too well. I remember a neighbor a couple of houses up screaming at someone that had parked their car on the side of the road in front of his grass - he was terrified the car would catch it on fire. I need to pay more attention to the news. I didn't realize any fires were burning up your way. Thankfully we got some rain during the wee hours of Monday, but not near enough.

jugglingpaynes said...

Wow! I hope everything is OK now. I didn't realize you had been so dry there lately.

Peace and Laughter and Buckets of Water,
Cristina